Mission brings its 40 years of audio expertise to an all-new speaker range. The QX range has striking looks and impressive performance – offering amazing value in both hi-fi and AV set-ups. Advanced new designs and extensive, exacting listening tests have evolved a loudspeaker that offers exciting and dramatic performance, no matter what style of music or movies – you prefer. Five core hi-fi models – 2 bookshelf designs and 3 floor standing speakers – are joined in the Mission QX range by a dedicated centre speaker, two-way surround speaker and selection of subwoofers.
THE DESIGN CONCEPT
QX series was designed to marry advanced engineering with a highly attractive and unique design that lets the speakers fit perfectly into the modern home. The front panel appearance hints at the advanced technology inside the speakers whilst presenting an attractive face to the listener.
REVERSE GEOMETRY DRIVEN DESIGN
Mission QX series utilizes Mission’s classic IDG (Inverted Driver Geometry) driver format. By positioning the treble unit below the bass/midrange driver, the length of path is equalized so the sound waves coincide at the listener’s head height. This principle improves ‘time alignment’.
NEW “RING DOME” TREBLE UNIT
Mission – new dome ring
New ‘ring dome’ treble unit offers high levels of musical detail with low distortion – the usual dome cavitation effects are completely avoided
Dual ring radiator – Mission’s exclusive ‘ring dome’ utilizes a woven, textile material formed in a double ring arrangement. The combination of textile dome and multi-ring surround applied optimum stiffness to the maximum radiating area.
Twin rear cavity non-reflecting design – back pressure from the diaphragm is vented to a twin rear cavity, reducing resonance and maintaining a wide operating bandwidth.
Mission QX Woofer
Bass drivers feature Mission DiaDrive system
Natural midrange quality with superb bass transient impact is provided by a seam-free curvilinear cone formulated from a mixture of soft pulp and acrylic fiber specially designed for midrange clarity and lucidity.
DiaDrive twin cone design：
Backing the curvilinear front cone is a stiff, conical support with increased area of contact with the voice coil for outstanding transient impact.
The drive unit surround and fixing screws are cleverly concealed behind this unique trim design giving a highly technical look to the front face of the speaker.
• Advanced DiaDrive cone system – front inverted dome cone delivers smooth response, driven by secondary sub cone to transfer maximum transient impact from the motor system
• Oversized magnet motor system offers high sensitivity for maximum dynamic impact from any amplifier
• New ‘ring dome’ treble unit offers high levels of musical detail with low distortion – the usual dome cavitation effects are avoided.
• Slot port is profiled to reduce ‘chuffing’ distortion, yielding accurate bass performance
• Carefully crafted acoustic crossover slopes achieve perfect integration between the drivers for a seamless performance
• Crossover uses laminated iron core bass coil, audiophile standard polypropylene capacitors, spaced on the PCB to avoid magnetic field interaction